Entries for the Outdoor Yard Display 2019
(From Left to Right) Commercial – Lindy Lockrey for Nabit, Backus Page Residential – Ruth Anne McCallum, Nancy Carroll and Elaine & Murray Brown
Winners will be announced at the fair on Friday evening in the Entertainment Building
SPONSORED BY THE WALLACETOWN AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
Prizes 1st – $100, 2nd – $75, 3rd – $50, 4th – $25
Classes: Residential Yard Display and Business Yard or Window Display
Rules & Regulations:
- Open contest to all residents and businesses within 40 kilometers.
- Display should represent something you would see at the Fair, i.e. tractor, animal, midway ride, vegetable, etc.
- Display must face a public road but must be at least 10 feet back from road allowance.
- Display must include a sign that states: Wallacetown Fair with dates of September 27, 28, 29th and preferably visible from both directions.
- Competitors can compete in either Residential or Business Competitions. Prizes will be awarded in each category
- Displays are to be fully assembled and ready by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 13, 2019 for judging and remain as judged until Monday after the fair.
- Please indicate the category entered (Residential or Business)
- All entries must be received by Thursday, September 11, 2019. Entries may be made by contacting fair secretary Kim Carder by phone – 519-762-2737 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photographs of the winning displays will be exhibited at the fair and announced on the Friday evening of the Fair in the Entertainment Building.
- Judging Score: Overall appearance 30%, Originality 30%, Identifiable theme 20%, Visibility 20%.